"Providing a sense of calmness and tranquility."
I have over 25 years secretarial experience, the last 12 years being within Global Organisations in the Building Solutions and Electronics Sectors as an Executive Personal Assistant. My earlier years were spent working as a Legal Secretary/PA.
Having worked for so many years for other people, I decided it was time for a new challenge. I have a strong belief that there are a number of people who would love to employ a full-time Secretary or Personal Assistant, but whilst their business is growing, or due to economic constraints, cannot justify the additional cost, so end up trying to take on the administrative aspects of the business themselves. This gave me the idea of setting up my own Virtual Assistant business so that I can help people like you as and when you need me.
I consider my key skills to be:-
- Organisation - structured and focused, bringing direction and management to business processes.
- Policies and Procedures - proven ability in delivering standardisation to a range of business documents and systems including document control.
- Communication - an approachable, intuitive and professional communication style that builds effective relationships with people at all levels.
- Attention to Detail - noted for producing work to a very high standard, with attention given to design, presentation and accuracy.
- Systems - expertise in Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Lotus Notes, having successfully operated as a Business Super-User in these packages.
- Created a Departmental Induction Manual for new personnel to facilitate a smooth transition into the business.
- Developed an "Action Tracking" system with IT which was delivered to the business.
- Standardised templates, filing procedures and introduced administrative policies across a business division at various sites within the UK which involved liaising with secretarial staff out in the regions.
- Assisted in recruitment of secretarial staff including interviewing and assessment tests.
- Devised a set of standard business objectives for PA's to Board Directors.
- Involved in a Strategic Change Programme including set up of electronic file structure for 41 projects and ongoing project administration.
On a personal note, I love the outdoors and in my spare time like to go for long walks in the countryside. I enjoy various handicrafts, gardening, yoga and have a passion for dance. I belong to an American Tribal Style Belly Dancing Troupe called Tribe-ulations (NB Link opens in new window) and also the Sword Sisters, a Tribal Troupe who dance with swords balanced on their heads. Both troupes perform at events in Warwickshire and the surrounding areas.
I like to try something new each year and continue to challenge myself - a previous project was to learn website design via the UK Open Learning Limited (NB Link opens in new window). This website is the final result!
Following on from a Silvermithing course at which I managed to make some lovely jewellery thanks to the continuing help and support of Pauline, I'm now trying my hand at Precious Metal Clay (PMC) with Leigh Armstrong.
If you'd like to hear what others have to say about me, please take time to read their Testimonials.